Everything You Need To Know About Wigs
The hair industry is one of the fastest-growing industries across the globe. Many people are realizing just how important it is to invest in high-quality hair. This is why there is a wider market for wigs. With so many different types of wigs in the market, it is quite difficult to know which wig to choose, especially if you are new to wig wearing.
If you are in this category, don’t worry because this article got your back. We are going to discuss the different types of wigs available in the market, how wigs are classified, where to buy your wig, and how to wear your wig securely. We hope that this article will help you understand more about wigs.
Types Of Wigs According To The Material.
1. Synthetic wigs
These wigs are made from synthetic fibers. They are popular due to their affordability. Some of these wigs are made close to human hair quality. Some of their disadvantages include: they aren’t durable, long-lasting, heat-resistant, and you can’t dye them too.
2. Human hair wigs
They are made from original virgin human hair, mostly extracted from different people of various countries, Indian, Brazilian, Malaysian and Peruvian of Europe. After collecting the hair, it’s treated, then undergoes asepsis technique where sterilization takes place then it undergoes other processes, such as dying, curling, then finally grouped and packed. Human hair wigs are costly. However, they are durable, can be dyed, and are heat-resistant.
Types Of Wig According To The Lace Area.
1. Lace front wigs
Lace front wigs are the most sold hair wig in the market. They usually have baby hairs with lace placed at the front part of the wig. The lace's color is mostly matched with the skin color so that it blends naturally with the scalp, making it difficult for people to notice if you are wearing it. This wig is only attached at the front edges of your head. During the wig making, the rest of the lace is usually made using specifically stretchy mechanical mesh. The human hair extensions are sewed into the mesh. The lace front wig has a natural hairline that gives a fine finishing, making it look more natural.
2. Full lace wigs
Unlike the lace front wig, full lace wigs have a base made of full lace. This type of wig covers the entire head. It is advisable to wear a wig cap before wearing a lace wig as the wig covers the whole head. The lace wig is more flexible and can be set in different styles. Full lace wigs are a bit expensive.
3. 360 lace wigs
The 360 lace wigs are similar to lace front wigs apart, only that it goes around the wig's entire edge—this an advantage to women who love wearing their hair in a ponytail style. A machine sews the middle part of the wig into a breathable cap.
4. Lace Part Wig
For a lace part wig, you will get lace from ear to ear on the edges and in the middle of the parting space, which makes a “T” shape on the wig, So it is also called a T part wig. There is also a three-part wig which is the same as it, which can be left and right part or middle part. The handmade lace area extends from ear to ear(13inches) same as the lace front wig but not enough lace at the back for free parting.
Types Of Wigs According To Appearance And Shape.
1. Straight hair wigs
Straight human wigs are also quite common wigs. Straight hair gives a soft polish look. This type of wig can be styled into different styles effortlessly.
2. Body Wave human hair wigs
Body Wave human wigs have wild waves, ocean waves, classy, and the latest fashion. It can help highlight your personality.
3. Bob wigs
Women in the corporate world highly welcome this wig as it gives an official look. The bob cut style can be styled to brief curls, enhancing the looks of the wearer. Bob wigs are also ideal for people who lead an active lifestyle.
4. Curly human wigs
Of course, curly wigs are also among the most popular and sold wigs in the market. It usually gives a sexy and chic look. There are curl gels and curling rods that can help you maintain your curly wigs.
Types According To How They Are Made.
Wigs are generally made by hand, machine, or a combination of both.
1. Made by hand
It involves the process of sewing hair individually at the base of the wig lace by hand. The process is tedious and takes a more extended approach, but the end product is perfect and highly-priced. The fasteners are strong because they are made manually. The hand-tied wigs are usually the most comfortable wigs in the market.
2. Made by machine
Machine-made wigs are the most affordable because they are faster to make, thus rendering them readily available. It’s usually pocket-friendly to the majority of people. The second advantage is that you can get away with that hassle of using tapes or glue to fix your wig.
3. Half-machine and Half-handmade wigs
The process of making this wig involves using both hands and machines. Synthetic and human hair wigs can be made this way. It has the benefit of not only being affordable but can last longer.
Types Of Wigs According To Lace Color.
1. Brown Lace Wigs
The brown lace human hair wig is made of a piece of 13x4 inches brown color lace frontal and half machine-made wig cap. The brown color includes dark brown, medium brown, and light brown. In the market, the most popular brown color lace front wig is the medium brown color lace front human hair wig.
2. Transparent Lace Wigs
It is a piece of lace with invisible color, academically called the transparent lace. After wearing the transparent lace, your scalp will look the same color as your natural skin. The undetectable transparent lace front wigs are just made of the transparent lace frontal and 100% virgin Remy human hair.
3. HD Lace Wigs
HD stands for "high definition". HD lace is a royal lace material that used to be called Swiss lace, and which is invisible when applied to the scalp. This ensures that the wig-wearer can have an exposed hairline, which looks very natural and renders the lace along the hairline highly undetectable.
Where To Buy A Wig?
Online. Nowadays, every business is moving online. This is precisely why we have seen the number of shops selling wigs online increasing rapidly. Various online shops sell a variety of wigs depending on length, style, and color. That means you can easily find the wig you are looking for online because these online shops offer a wide range of wigs.
Wig shop. You can also buy your wig from a physical store. Unfortunately, some of these stores may not have a wider range of wigs.
How To Choose The Best Wig For You?
Below are the steps to follow when selecting a wig that is suitable for you?
1. Consider your budget. Know how much you are willing to spend on a wig.
2. Determine which type of wig you want. It can be either synthetic or human air wig. You can narrow it down to more subtle details of the kind of wig you want. Both synthetic and human hair wig has their pros and cons. So know what you are looking for in a wig.
3. Measure the size of your head. Finding the right cap size is the ultimate goal here. Getting the right cap size is important when buying a wig. The wig should not be too tight or a bit loose.
4. Choose the right color. It is best to choose a wig color that is close to the color of your natural hair.
5. Choose the right length. Wigs come in different lengths, so be sure to choose the correct length that suits your needs and preferences.
Tips On How To Put On A Wig Securely.
Wearing a wig perfectly may seem like a daunting task for people who are new to wig wearing. Here are some tips to help you wear your wig securely:
1. Brush your hair away from your face. Before covering your head with a wig, try to pull away from your hair backward using a comb. Use pins to hold it back. Alternatively, you can braid your hair into cornrows. Apply a spray to keep the hair in place securely and moisturizing your hair.
2. Prepare your skin. Take cotton, dip it in alcohol, wipe it around your scalp. It removes all the dirt, and excess oil is completely cleaned. Ensure that the glue to be used sticks well to your skin. To prevent irritation from your skin, use a scalp protector or a hairspray around your hairline.
3. The next step is to wear a wig cap. The wig cap smoothens out the hair area and prevents slippage of the wig.
4. To prevent slippage of the wig, glue or adhesive tape is applied slightly on the cap's edge. Using wig glue and a brush, apply a thin layer of glue around the hairline and let it dry. Touch the bond if it’s sticky, then you are good to go. It’s unnecessary to put glue entirely on the whole scalp but ensure you place it at the front and your temples. For adhesive tape, you don’t need to let it dry but ensure you leave a small space between each strip to ensure moisture gets out when you sweat.
5. Prepare the wig. If you are using a full or half wig, you can cut it to fit your hairline. If you’re not sure how to cut, consult your hairdresser to cut it for you.
6. Place the wig on your head.
There you have everything you need to know about wigs. The type of wigs you will choose depends on your needs, requirements, and your budget. Anyway, now that you know the different types of wigs available, how they are classified, where to buy your wigs, and how to put them on securely, you can buy your wig easily and enhance your looks today!
-- Post in Hair Knowledge By Beautyforever