How to Find the Right Wig in 5 Easy Steps?
Some people wear wigs on a regular basis. For fashionistas, wearing wigs is a way to make a fashion statement or to simply change how they look on a daily basis. However, for those people who are going to be wearing a wig for the first time, choosing which one to buy may be a rather confusing task.
Wig shopping need not be a difficult and stressful event. In fact, it can be a lot of fun. You just need to ensure that you are armed with all the right information about wigs so that you will be capable of making the best choice. It would also help if you can follow the 5 easy steps that are listed below on how to find the right wig for you.
1. Know the look you want before going to the wig stores- Buying a wig is a lot like going to the salon. Before you even schedule an appointment with your hairdresser, you would already know what you want them to do to your hair. In the same way, you should also have an idea of how you want to look before going to the wig shop. In this way, you won’t have to wander aimlessly through the store for hours looking for a hairstyle that strikes your fancy. You don’t have to have an exact wig in mind but it would definitely help if you already have a preference in terms of style, length or color.
2. Try on as many wigs as you want- Just as dresses usually look different on the mannequin as they do on you, wigs also look different when displayed on wig stands as compared to how they look when you put them. Therefore, as you look at the different options in the wig shop, don’t hesitate to try on any wig that catches your eye.
3. Set a budget- You may be surprised at how diverse the prices of wigs can be. There are very cheap ones that can be purchased for just $50 or so, while there are others that cost upwards of a thousand dollars. By determining how much you are willing to pay for a wig, you can limit your choices and thus make the procedure of choosing one a lot easier.
4. As about wig maintenance- Different types of wigs require different maintenance procedures. Although the general procedures of brushing and washing are basically the same with all wig types, there are some hairpieces that need to be treated periodically with other special products.
5. Take a friend along for a second opinion- Naturally, the final decision would always rest on you but it would also be good to hear the input of another person because you may not always see what other people see.
It is important that you take your time in deciding which wig to buy. The idea is to find a wig that would not look like a wig at all when it is sitting on your head. Instead, you should look for something that will feel and look as natural as possible.
-- Post in Hair Knowledge By Beautyforever