Make Your Human Hair Hold Its Style Longer
It’s a bit of nice quiet time when we can treat ourselves well, and we enjoy taking some time to ourselves. We all love those beautiful, flawless, bouncy human hair. But do you know what's even better? Beautiful, flawless, human hair that lasts all day. Luckily, there are a few tricks of the trade for making your hairstyle last longer, no matter which kind of look you’re going for.
Today we're sharing our favorite tips and tricks with you on how to help your human hair stay longer!
When Straightening Your Hair
Start off by applying a primer to your human hair while it’s still damp. If you’re blow-drying your hair, use a flat paddle brush for the straightest results, only putting the blow dryer to the brush once your hair is 70% of the way dry — otherwise, you’re simply damaging your hair by putting the heat so close to it when it’s so wet. Rough dry it most of the way, then style while you’re drying it the rest of the way.
Once you’re done straightening your hair (be it by blowing dry or using a flat iron), you can use a serum spray to seal in the style and keep it from frizzing. At night, sleeping with your real hair wigs wrapped in a silk scarf will help it to hold the straight style without waking up with a terrible case of bedhead.
When Curling Your Hair
The biggest mistake many women make is thinking that mousse can only be applied to hair if it’s being air-dried. Using a curl cream or mousse in your hair when you plan on then heat styling with a curling wand will only help. This is mainly because completely clean hair doesn’t hold style very well, but also because these products are designed to improve curls, so it makes total sense.
If you’re using a curling wand or iron, wrap hair around the tool, hold until the hair feels a little hot, then remove the tool from the human hair wigs and let the hair sit and cool for about 20 seconds. While the heat styles the hair, cool air sets it, so don’t forget this step. Once you’re done curling your entire head, hit all of your hair with the low, cool setting of a blow dryer to really set the style.
When Leaving Your Hair Natural
The best way to get your natural hair to behave the way you want it to is to use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week in the shower. After shampooing, apply a conditioning mask all over your best human hair and leave on for about ten minutes (our trick is doing this at the beginning of a shower and leaving it while we do everything else!) and then rinsing out afterward.
To keep your hair in its best state for as long as possible, keep your hands out of your real human hair wigs, apply serum to the ends if they’re starting to dry out, and apply dry shampoo to the roots. Essentially, keeping your ends moisturized but helping your roots to not have any excess oil is the best way to make your long hair wigs stay in the best shape longest.
How to Maintain Healthy Hair: A Few Basic Tips
1. Comb wet hair with extreme care because they're fragile and prone to breakage. Take a broad toothed comb and run it from the roots to the ends of your hair as gently as possible.
2. Don't wash your virgin human hair wigs every day and whenever you do, apply some conditioner on the ends. Try and use the same brand of shampoo and conditioner.
3. Rinse the conditioner off with cold water as it is good for both strength and shine.
4. Unlike the labels on the back of our food items, the labels on the back of our shampoos are mostly left unread. In the last few years, there has been a lot of focus on sulfate in shampoos. What are sulfates? They're the reason your shampoo lathers the way it does. They clean your scalp and human hair, departing the dirt from it. But some researchers also suggest that they strip your hair of essential oils. They're also why your eye stings when shampoo runs down the side of your face. If you feel any kind of irritation on the scalp or find your hair drying up over time then try and buy a shampoo that's sulfate-free.
5. Deep Conditioning, Even though you condition your real human hair after every wash, nothing quite works as good as deep conditioning. Every once in a while wash your hair with shampoo, squeeze out the extra water and towel dry it. Then take generous amounts of conditioner and apply it right to the root of your hair. Use a broad toothed comb and run it through your hair to make sure the conditioner reaches everywhere. Now, pull them up and clip them together. Leave the conditioner in for anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour. Pull them down, rinse thoroughly and enjoy silky smooth Remy hair.
If there are any other human hair tips you want to share with us, please share them under the comments!
-- Post in Hair Knowledge By Beautyforever