What is U Tip Hair Extension?
U tip/nail tip is a type of human hair extension that is shaped like a U and is applied to the hair by heating up, it is also called Hot Fusion hair extensions. U Tip hair extensions are long term hair extensions that you wear day and night for several months.
U tip hair extension can be applied quiet easily following these steps
1. Make a spit section horizontally, start about 2 inches from the bottom of your neck
2. Pinch out a section of strands. The number of strands should be about the same amount that is in the extension you are going to attach. Try to pick the strands in as straight angel as possible from the scalp.
3. Place a protection pad over the strand and attach it with a clip. On the protection pad there are some measure lines that can help you align the extensions.
You should never place the extension closer that 1 cm (0.5 inch) from the roots. Use the measure lines on the protection pas to secure this distance.
4. Place the nail tip hair extension under the strand at least 1 cm from the roots.
If you like smaller tip, you can cut the U Tip down to about 0.5 cm (0.2 inch) before the attachment. This will make the U TIP more comfortable but less durable.
5. Use a fusion connector tool to heat up the keratin tip some seconds until it melts.
6. Wait some seconds so that the keratin cools down a little, then roll it with your fingers to seal the keratin around your own hair.
7. The U tip is now attached and you can move on to the next. Repeat step 1 to 6
Place the U tips in horizontal rows moving from the bottom of your neck and work your way upwards. Leave a distance of about 2.5 cm (1 inch) between each row.
8. When you are getting to the upper part of the head, you can place some extension rows on the sides.
Make sure never to place the hot fusion hair extension too close to the hairline making them visible. You should test lifting the hair up to ensure that the extensions move freely with out tension in all directions.
You should be able to wear a ponytail or do an updo style without reveling the U TIPs.
Will you be able to see these u tip extensions?
As long as you have had your human hair extensions fitted by a trained professional, once fitted you should not be able to see the bonds at all. Hair extensions should be placed just far enough away from the natural hair line to allow you to cover the bonds with your natural hair, allowing you to tie your hair back as you normally would without the risk of the bonds being seen. If hair extensions are fitted too close to the hair line they may become visible, which is why it is important to have your hair extensions fitted by a trained professional to ensure this is done correctly.
If you are concerned that you can see your hair extension bonds, simply pay a visit to your hair extension technician who should be happy to remove or adjust those that are visible.
-- Post in Hair Knowledge By Beautyforever